Parents, carers (including child minders) and pre- practitioners wanting some key skills and knowledge when supporting children who have delayed general development and who are not talking yet.
- CATTS Elklan Accredited Speech Therapist
Bookings / Enquiries:
|Contact Us on +353 86 8882765 or email@example.com|
Our accredited Speech and Language Therapist provide a ten week course for under 5s practitioners developed by Elklan. The Elklan package has been received enthusiastically by over 7,000 learners across the UK and Europe.
Following content from the Elklan website:
What do participants receive?
A Level 1 three credit Ascentis award in Lets talk with Special Children. This could help you with employment opportunities. You will be given support and encouragement to achieve this goal. In addition you will receive:
- Teaching from qualified speech and language therapists and or an experienced teacher
- Opportunities to discuss ideas to help children learn to listen, understand and talk
- Information about communication difficulties children can experience
- Opportunities to meet other pre-school practitioners, parents and carers
- Information about normal speech and language development
- An illustrated workbook full of practical tips and ideas which provides a rich source of individualised strategies and information to support a specific children
Find out more about levels, credits and how qualifications compare in UK and Ireland here.
Who is the course for?
This course is for parents, carers (including child minders) and pre- practitioners wanting some key skills and knowledge when supporting children who have delayed general development and who are not talking yet.
More Information on this specific course we are delighted to offer can be found on the Elklan webiste.
The course is offered over 5 x 2 hour sessions or through an intensive 2.5 day workshop.
We run courses on demand should a creche, preschool or parent support group wish to run a training in-house.
The course fees are €295 to include the accreditation fee and the book.
We try to maintain as much price parity as possible with the Elklan Organisation to ensure Irish based attendees can obtain the training at as similar a cost to their UK counterparts as possible.