If you are supporting an individual with Down Syndrome in your class, or at home and need a short, to the point, helpful course in order to quickly get to grips with how to support them – Down Syndrome 101 will help you.
This talk, delivered by Marijke Morris, CATTS Senior Speech & Language Therapist, will help you understand what Down Syndrome is, and how to best support a pupil in your class or preschool.
In this course, you will learn:
• What is Down Syndrome
• The scope and range of Down Syndrome
• Co-morbidity and what it means
• Early intervention
• Typical accommodations to support a pupil with Down Syndrome in Preschool
• Typical accommodations to support a pupil with Down Syndrome in Mainstream school
• Techniques that help generally
This course will be recorded for inclusion in our Online training system and our School Support Portal: Education Nation
Although this course is billed as a 101, we will cover practical techniques and strategies also, so it will be split into several topics on the online portal. If you wish a colleague to view the same content, they will need to do all the online suggested courses in order.
No attendees will be appearing in the recordings.
Course FEE: €30.00