What Speech and Language Services we provide.
CATTS’ Online Speech and Language Therapists provide practical and professional advice and intervention strategies that are evidence based and in-line with best clinical practice. Each individual’s needs are unique, so the Speech and Language Therapist will tailor-make a comprehensive treatment program to meet individual needs.
We provide the following services Online:
- Speech and language therapy assessment and scoring
- Speech and language therapy assessment report
- Speech and language therapy home and school programmes
- Speech and language therapy consultation with parents, class teacher, significant others
- Speech and language therapy treatment sessions or joint therapy sessions with other disciplines
- Training workshops for parents, teachers, Special Needs Assistants and significant others
- Assessment and recommendations for Augmentative and Alternative Communication systems
- Early Intervention for children with speech and language difficulties.
Who can benefit from speech and language therapy?
Children, adolescents or adults with any of the following difficulties will benefit from speech and language therapy:
- Articulation or phonological difficulties (speech errors)
- Language delays or disorders
- Developmental Verbal Dyspraxia
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) – Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not-Otherwise-Specified (PDD-NOS), Autism, Asperger Syndrome
- Learning difficulties
- Voice difficulties
- Oral-motor difficulties
- Feeding therapy for resistant eaters
- Listening problems
- Swallowing difficulties
- Individuals with neurological conditions or brain injuries
Speech and language therapy (also known as Speech Therapy) provides treatment, support and care for children and adults who have difficulties with communication, or with eating, drinking and swallowing.
Speech and language therapists (SLTs) are allied health professionals – in Ireland, they are known as part of the Health and Social Care Professionals (HSCPs) profession.
Some frequently reviewed items to help you with the next step are: